The Targeted Assessment
Clear away the design clutter that causes confusion. Create connections with your customers.
Why invest in The Targeted Assessment?
1. You’ve built a key component of your business, but you need to know whether your design is trusted and understood.
You’ve spent time, money and resources on developing a product or service you believe people want and need.,
Along the way, you find yourself wondering, “Will people get this and understand how it works for them? Does it really meet them where they are? Is the design and value of this offer clear?”
These are the kinds of questions I field every day as a design advisor to businesses.
Do you struggle to objectively see how your business offering comes across? With The Targeted Assessment, you’ll learn the language of design and how to use it to help create clear and compelling offers.
Together, we’ll analyze where your design might create confusion for your customers. We’ll find places to utilize design principles and tactics that can create better emotional connections and that can help build trust.
When you want to know how your business offering is seen and experienced, and discuss whether that is HOW you want to come across, I can help. In this process, you’ll receive ideas and suggestions for design calibrations that can change the tone and tenor of how people experience your product, service, or offer.
With thoughtful design decisions, you can improve your results through better connections with your audience.
2. The Targeted Assessment includes an analytical report on:
- The 3 primary emotions your offer triggers
- The 3 primary values your offer communicates
- If relevant, 3 – 5 components or aspects that create confusion, stress or uncertainty.
- After I send your report, we’ll schedule a 30-minute phone call between us so I can listen to your goals and challenges. You’ll get more clarity about the findings of The Targeted Assessment. We’ll discuss if the findings of your Targeted Assessment report are in alignment with those goals and your intended market’s needs and values.
- A week after our call, you’ll get a checklist of suggested adjustments to the design of your offer.These will be as specific and clear, such as,
-“switch your font to one of these other fonts because it will be more relevant to your market” or
-“reduce the amount of items in this area of the packaging” or
-“add a safety information box to this spot.”
3. What if your design is already clear and compelling?
If your design and offer already hits the mark or comes close to it, you’ll get validation so you can proceed with confidence. You’ll also get a list of 3 – 5 design or content tweaks to help further leverage the strengths of your offer.
4. The Targeted Assessment is ideal for these types of offerings:
- The home page of your website
- A single website landing or sales page
- The package design of one of your products
- The analysis of 5 – 7 ads of a social media digital ad campaign
- Your branding in print form (business card, letterhead, and one other component such as a two-sided postcard)
- Your book cover design (front, back, and interior)
(For more in-depth, broad report (e.g. your website as a whole, your ecommerce check-out user experience), see The Comprehensive Analysis.)
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Business owners and corporations who need an experienced outside design eye to analyze a key area of the business (e.g. a website home or single landing page, book cover design, digital marketing ads).
THE TARGETED ASSESSMENT IS NOT RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
You’ve been in business for less than 18 months.
You need an assessment of your entire website or large-scale branding campaign. The Comprehensive Analysis service offers a more a more in-depth report.
Improve your results with
The Targeted Assessment
What’s the process of The Targeted Assessment?
After you submit payment, you’ll be directed to a questionnaire so I can learn about your business.
You’ll receive your initial analysis one week after I receive your questionnaire, and a follow up from me to schedule our phone call.
One week after our call, you’ll receive a checklist with my final design tweaks and enhancement suggestions to help you build trust, create connections with your customers and look your best.
“I wish I were multi-lingual, so I could praise Reese in every language known to humankind. She’s smart, she’s insightful, she’s clever, she’s resourceful, she’s creative. She delivers on time and on budget — the mark of a true professional. Hire Reese. Hire her again. You will never regret it.”
- All Targeted Assessments follow up phone calls must be scheduled and completed within 30 days of purchase.
- Once you have paid for the Targeted Assessment, I’ve reviewed your questionnaire and I’ve sent your initial analysis, your purchase is non-refundable.
- In the rare event your questionnaire indicates your business offering is not a good fit for The Targeted Assessment, I will contact you and refund your money before any further work is done.
- You’ll receive an initial analysis document before our 30-minute phone call. The call will expand on the findings in my analysis, and the last 10 minutes of the call we’ll dedicate to your questions.
- After your phone call, a follow-up list of design enhancements will be sent within one week of the call, and if you need further clarification, I will do so in up to two follow-up emails within 30 days of your phone call.
- Phone calls are booked between the hours of 1pm-5pm EST, Monday-Friday. (Eastern Standard Time, which is New York City time). If you are in Europe, Asia or the Australia region, we will find a time that works for both of us.
- If you must cancel and reschedule your call time, please notify me 72 hours ahead of time, as the time is being held for you and late cancellations will not be rescheduled or refunded.